Looking for the most suitable React js IDE for faster development?
React js IDE can be very useful to raise the productivity and efficiency of projects.
Therefore, when you are performing on the ReactJS project, you should employ them.
In this article, we have curated the list of the top React js IDE and editors’ that provide ample support to React js developers.
Enjoy the read!
What is React js IDE?
React js IDE stands for Integrated Development Environment, and it is a part of the software that has ample powers to help you in the web development process.
IDEs facilitate engineers’ productivity by integrating common software development duties such as editing source code, making executables, and debugging into a single application.
The following functionalities are discovered in a React IDE.
- Text editor fields
- Syntax checking
- The debugger is a built-in program that permits you to correct errors
- Provide a suggestion
- Viewing the live web page inside the React js IDE for more useful knowledge of the output
- Syntax highlighter
- React js IDE enables you to understand the concept of class or method
- Provide shortcuts to ease access.
- Provide essential Plugins to extend functionality.
What Is React?
React js is supported by the tech giant Facebook, React framework is an open-source, component-based frontend library.
Furthermore, it helps design an interactive User Interface or view layer. Also, the syntax is delivered in JSX, which makes it comfortable for the React engineers to call a specific element as the tags are created.
In addition, it has massive community support and is now supported by Facebook.
Also, React uses virtual DOM to occupy the HTML DOM with data.
Moreover, changing the DOM components rather than reconstructing the whole DOM enables the virtual DOM to perform faster than the others.
Best React js IDE for developers
1. Visual Studio Code
Firstly, it was designed by Microsoft and is open-source and open under the MIT license.
Secondly, VScode is one of the well-known free React js IDE due to its excellent features and open-source qualities.
Thirdly, this React js IDE is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Furthermore, VScode is one of the most satisfactory React js IDE to get started with.
Lastly, it supports a broad range of programming languages and offers an excellent tool to aid you in the development process.
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Firstly, provides built-in support for IntelliSense code fulfillment
- Imported Modules
- Integration with GitHub
- Vast theme selections
- Integrated tools for code tests.
- Lastly, allow Version control via extensions
- Firstly, VS code is open-source and free to operate.
- Open to all platforms
- Provide more than 20000 plugins in the marketplace
- Supports React.js IntelliSense
- Lower memory use
- Lastly, significant customization
Firstly, designed by JetBrains, WebStrom is the best React js IDE.
Secondly, This React IDE for web development offers excellent coding help, code fulfillment, refactoring, and error correction.
In addition, it presents over 50 plugins to ease React development process. Also, it also incorporates JSX tags using breadcrumbs for the excellent design of the application.
Lastly, this React js IDE also combines with linters, such as ESLint, for JSX code.:
Languages: Supports Angular, React, Vue, Node.js, Ionic, and React Native languages.
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Firstly, provides excellent tools like Mocha, Karma test runner, Jest, and more to ease the testing process.
- Provides a vast range of plugins and templates.
- More comfortable to roll back to previous versions.
- Provide easy customization of Coding style, fonts, and themes.
- Delivers a built-in terminal.
- Integration with VCS (Veritas Cluster Server)
- Parameter hints
- Git integration
- Smart Code Completion
- Lastly, allows multi-line to-dos
- Firstly, generates UI that resembles the famous IntelliJ
- Provides convenient JS static code.
- Provides excellent auto-fix productive feature.
- Lastly, easily integrates with Angular, TypeScript, Vue, React
First, it is a cross-platform desktop program that reloads live and allows easy prototyping of React components.
Furthermore, it simplifies react programming by providing an integrated set of development tools.
Price: Free, open-source
Platform: Supports macOS, Windows, Ubuntu, Debian
- Firstly, allows Component visualization.
- Provides Inbuilt tools
- Helps Hot module reload
- Allows State flow visualization
- Provides Streamlined configuration.
- Enables compatible terminal for workflows and commands.
- Lastly, offers an extensible developer environment
- It includes all features that you want in your React Native app.
- Reactide is a cross-platform tool.
- It provides synchronous GUI controls for styles and properties of elements.
4. GNU Emacs editor
Firstly, GNU Emacs is a simple text editor but has a lot of useful features. It is one of the most acceptable free React js IDE for developers.
Among the program’s features is its extensibility, which makes it a member of the text editor family.
Additionally, Those who have operated the Vim editor will be somewhat knowledgeable about GNU Emacs.
Lastly, This editor can be represented as the most basic editor available, but it includes all of the essential functionality.
Languages: Supports Language agnostic
Platform: Operates on GNU, GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, macOS, MS Windows, and Solaris.
- Firstly, provides well-documented references.
- Supports Unicode files
- Ability to install and download the extensions
- Lastly, provides complete Unicode support
- Firstly, includes a high-speed coding environment
- Syntax highlighting
- Provide valuable tutorials
- Lastly, allows theme customization
Firstly, Spacemacs is a community-driven Emacs distribution that combines Emacs and Vim in the best way possible.
Additionally, It is a free React js IDE for developers.
Languages: Supports Emacs Lisp
Platform: Operates on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Firstly, provide excellent documentation
- Attractive GUI
- Git Integration
- Outstanding ergonomics
- Mnemonic key bindings
- Batteries enclosed
- Firstly, operate on multiple platforms
- Provides great community support and you will never be stuck on an issue for long.
- Writes checkpoint files
- Includes modes for several programming languages
- Lastly, Holds multiple clipboards
In this blog, we have discovered the React js IDE. The IDE you pick has a significant effect on your development productivity.
More, each IDE holds its own set of features, advantages, and disadvantages to make it unique.
Therefore, once you specified the needs, you can easily determine the right one.
We hope you find the information valuable!!