What is Keylogger?
keylogger is most often used to steal passwords and other confidential information.
Even Microsoft has openly confirmed that the final version of Windows 10 features a built-in keylogger “to improve typing and writing functions.”
Types of keyLogger
There are two types of key-Logger
1. Software-based keyloggers
- Features that collect user information without relying solely on keyboard key presses can be added to software keyloggers.
- Some of these features include:
- logging of the clipboard The software can capture anything that has been copied to the clipboard.
- Logging on the computer screen. To collect graphics-based information, screenshots are taken.
- Capturing text in a control programmatically.
- Search engine queries, instant messenger talks, FTP downloads, and other Internet-based activities are all being recorded (including the bandwidth used).
2. Hardware-based keylogger
- Typical Hardware Keylogger is a hardware circuit that is installed anywhere between the computer keyboard and the computer for keystroke logging.
- Hardware keyloggers have an advantage over software keyloggers in that they can start logging as soon as the machine is switched on.
- Hardware-based keyloggers do not require the installation of any software because they operate at the hardware level of a computer system.
- A hardware keylogger’s memory size can range from a few kilobytes to several terabytes, with each keystroke recorded typically consuming a byte.
- USB Drive
- Cable Through
An anti-keylogger is a piece of software specifically designed to detect keyloggers on a computer.
- One-time passwords (OTP)
- Security tokens
- On-screen keyboards
- Handwriting recognition and mouse gestures
- Deceptive typing
- Live CD/USB
- Step 1:
- Install software keylogger.
- Step 2:
- Open the software keylogger by pressing the following key. You can also change the key in settings. And Enter the password.
- Step 3:
- Main Dashboard will appear.
Functions of Keylogger
- After clicking on the Setting -> Monitoring tab following screen will appear.
- Make sure that all buttons are set to ON.
2. Report Delivery
- We can also get the report from one system to another system.
- For that go to Settings-> Report Delivery.
3. Parent control
- It is very helpful for a parent to control their child’s system.
- It captures how many and what we copy or pasted It generates a report and displays it on the clipboard screen
- It displays how many websites we visited with date & time.
- It displays the total screenshot taken by the user.
- It displays the applications that we had used.
- Display summary of user activities.
If we need any specific type of data then we can get it from Filter.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!