What is a Raspberry Pi?
- The Raspberry Pi is a fully integrated computer (palmtop) mounted on a circuit board measuring approximately 7 cm x 5.5cm.
- It is a small, capable device that enables people of all ages to scan a computer and learn to edit in languages such as Scratch and Python. It can do everything you would expect a desktop computer to do, from browsing online and playing high-definition video, creating spreadsheets, word processing, and playing games.
- The Raspberry Pi has the ability to interact with the outside world and has been used in many digital maker projects, from music machines and parental finders to weather stations and tweeting birdhouses with infra-red cameras. We want to see the Raspberry Pi used by children all over the world to learn how to plan and understand how computers work.
History of Raspberry Pi
- One-board Raspberry Pi computers have been developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote basic computer science teaching in schools and developing countries.
- The original model became more popular than expected, selling out of its target market for use as robots. Includes peripherals (such as keyboards and mice) or cases.UK Relief Society registered in the UK (No. 1129409), May 2009.
- Supported by the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory and technology firm Broadcomm.
- Raspberry Pi Hardware has been upgraded with several versions that include memory capacity variations and peripheral compatible device support.
Important Components of Hardware
- The Raspberry Pi has a Broadcom BCM2835system on chip (SoC), which includes the ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, which was later upgraded to Broadcom BCM2711, Quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC 1.5GHz.
- Originally shipped with 256 megabytes of RAM, later upgraded to 4GB.
- Does not include a built-in hard disk, but uses an SD card for boot and long-term storage.
- OS Support: Linux-based (Fedora, Raspbian, Debian, ArchLinux ARM, etc ..).
- By default, it supports Python as a language of instruction.
- Any integrated ARMv6 language can be used with Raspberry Pi.
- Automatically installed in Raspberry Pi:
- C or C ++ or Java or Ruby or Scratch
- Can be used to make high-end computers.
- Raspberry Pi Medical Device Shield.
- Solar Raspberry Pi Power Pack.
- Voice Crafted Coffee Machine.
- Raspberry Pi Dynamic Bike Headlight Prototype.
- IoT Based Smart Application.
Between $ 10 to $ 35.